Cloud Storage Solution
Cloud storage is a model of computer data storage in which the digital information is stored in logical storage pools, said to be "on the cloud". The physical storage is spread across multiple servers (often in multiple locations), and the physical environment is usually owned and managed by a hosting company. These cloud storage providers keep the data secure and accessible, and the physical environment along with its peripherals like connectivity safe and protected from cyber threats and physical harms, both by malicious actors and nature, and up and running. You can buy or lease storage capacity from the providers to store user, organization, or application data.
Cloud storage services can be accessed through a co-located cloud computing service, or a web service application programming interface (API) or by applications that utilize the API, such as cloud desktop storage, a cloud storage gateway or Web-based content management systems.
Cloud storage has many advantages over hard drive storage. First, you don’t have to physically possess the storage device as you would with a flash drive, for example, so you don’t run the risk of losing irreplaceable data. Second, cloud storage makes it easy to share content. Just share a Dropbox folder with a co-worker and they can instantly access the content within it. Another great reason to use cloud storage is the cost savings. It’s much more affordable—and smart—to buy unlimited cloud storage for a nominal fee rather than buying and maintaining lots of hard drive storage space.
Examples being Microsoft's OneDrive and DropBox's flagship product.
Why Use Cloud Storage?
- Pay as you go. Cloud Storage incurs only operating expenses instead of capital + operating expenses.
- Energy efficiency. Cut energy consumption by up to 70%
- Maximize options - On Prem, On Cloud, Hybrid storage.
- Continuity of Operations (COOP)
- Disaster Recovery (DR)
- Security (PII, HIPAA, SARBOX, IA/CND)
- Records Retention laws, regulations, compliances and policies.
- Storage availability and data protection is intrinsic to object storage architecture
- Storage maintenance tasks, such as purchasing additional storage capacity, are offloaded to us.
How Ecocloud can help
- Huge choice of storage solutions
- Vendor agnostic storage solutions
- Strong tech support SLAs
- Help with load migration
- No long term commitment required
- No Credit card required