Symantec Endpoint Protection
With the constant evolving nature of today’s IT environment, attackers are using more sophisticated attacks to infiltrate networks and the endpoint represents the last line of defense. Organizations are more concerned about cyber damage and disruption as ransomware attacks are trending upward as was evident with the WannaCry and Petya outbreaks. In addition, the attackers’ expanding use of file-less and stealthy attacks combined with “living off the land” (leveraging common IT tools for attacks) threatens the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of endpoint assets.
Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) delivers superior, multilayer protection to stop threats regardless of how they attack your endpoints. SEP integrates with existing security infrastructure to provide orchestrated responses to address threats quickly. The single, lightweight SEP agent offers high performance without compromising end-user productivity, so that you can focus on your business.
The single agent architecture and hybrid management capabilities enable your organization to operate more efficiently and enjoy a lower total cost of ownership.
As a SEP portfolio customer, you benefit from the following defense-in-depth capabilities:
• Prevention—Multilayer endpoint security goes beyond signature blocking to fuse signature-less technologies such as advanced machine learning, behavioral analysis, memory exploit mitigation, and OS emulation with time-tested ones including intrusion prevention, reputation analysis, and application and device control. All with the simplicity of a single agent.
• Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR)—Detect, isolate, and eliminate intrusions, and investigate incidents, all within one agent.
• Deception—Deploy baits and decoys at scale to lure attackers into revealing their intent, tactics, and targets … without their knowledge.
• Hardening—Auto-classify risk levels of all endpoint applications, then isolate suspicious apps to limit vulnerability exploits and protect trusted applications.
With SEP 14, you can:
• Stop ransomware with a combination of artificial intelligence techniques (including advanced machine learning and behavior analysis) and time-tested technologies, such as intrusion prevention.
The number of new ransomware variants increased 46% in 2017, suggesting more attackers are jumping on the ransomware bandwagon.
• Use signature-less technology to prevent attackers from exploiting vulnerabilities in popular software, including browsers and productivity tools.
• Gain greater visibility into suspicious files, and customize protection on the fly to suit different needs, by fine-tuning machine learning, behavior analysis, intrusion prevention, and more. Use the low-bandwidth mode to protect network constrained environments without compromising efficacy.
• Orchestrate your response to address threats quickly. SEP 14 integrates with existing security infrastructure including web and email gateways, sandboxing, and more for a unified threat response.
• Enjoy less operational complexity and a lower total cost of operation by consolidating all endpoint security uses cases— such as prevention, detection and response, deception, endpoint hardening and threat analytics—on a single, lightweight SEP agent. The same agent paves the way for high performance, significantly reducing scan times and bandwidth requirements.