Azure Active Directory
Azure AD. Azure for identity management and Access Control
Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) is Microsoft’s cloud-based identity and access management service, which helps your employees sign in and access resources in external resources, such as Microsoft Office 365, the Azure portal, and thousands of other SaaS applications.
Internal resources, such as apps on your corporate network and intranet, along with any cloud apps developed by your own organization.
Azure AD is intended for:
- IT admins. As an IT admin, you can use Azure AD to control access to your apps and your app resources, based on your business requirements.
- App developers. As an app developer, you can use Azure AD as a standards-based approach for adding single sign-on (SSO) to your app, allowing it to work with a user's pre-existing credentials.
- Microsoft 365, Office 365, Azure, or Dynamics CRM Online subscribers. As a subscriber, you're already using Azure AD. Each Microsoft 365, Office 365, Azure, and Dynamics CRM Online tenant is automatically an Azure AD tenant.
Protect your business with a universal identity platform
The Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) enterprise identity service provides single sign-on and multi-factor authentication to help protect your users from 99.9 percent of cyber-security attacks.
• Single sign-on simplifies access to your apps from anywhere
• Conditional Access and multi-factor authentication help protect and govern access
• A single identity platform lets you engage with internal and external users more securely
Developer tools make it easy to integrate identity into your apps and services
Choose from thousands of SaaS apps
Simplify single sign-on. Azure AD supports more than 2,800 pre-integrated software as a service (SaaS) applications.
Connect your workforce
Give users seamless access to your apps from any location, on any platform, with single sign-on. Automate workflows for user lifecycle and provisioning. Save time and resources with self-service management.
Protect and govern access
Safeguard user credentials by enforcing strong authentication and conditional access policies. Efficiently manage your identities by ensuring that the right people have the right access to the right resources.
Engage with your customers and partners
Get flexible, scalable identity and access management for external users with one identity provider. Customize user journeys and simplify the authentication process for accessing applications.
Integrate identity into your apps
Accelerate adoption of your application in the enterprise by supporting single sign-on and user provisioning. Reduce sign-in friction and automate the creation, removal and maintenance of user accounts.
Why trust Azure Active Directory?
- Microsoft invests over USD1 billion annually on cybersecurity research and development.
- Microsoft employs more than 3,500 security experts focused on securing your data and privacy.
- Azure has more certifications than any other cloud provider. View the comprehensive list.
- Azure AD manages more than 1.2 billion identities and processes over 8 billion authentications every day.